Saturday, May 5, 2012

What hair color remover/bleach works the best at removing black hair dye?

I don't want to go to the salon, but want something that will take out black hair color. What can I buy at the drugstore or Sally's Beauty Supply that will work?



What hair color remover/bleach works the best at removing black hair dye?

I am a hairstylist so I think I can help. I have to be honest and tell you that you may be taking a risk by trying this at home. But if you must, go and get 'Frost and Tip', the only thing that removes previous hair colour is bleach. Once you have removed the black colour just use a semi-permanent colour of your choice to achieve the results you want. The semi-permanent is also much easier on your hair. If you are trying to go blonde or your hair is not in very good condition I would suggest you go to a salon. You may think you are saving yourself some $$$ but if you have a hair disaster you'll end up going to a salon anyways to have it fixed. This happens all the time in salons, I hope this helps.



What hair color remover/bleach works the best at removing black hair dye?

You could try standard peroxide bleach but you might break all your hair off. I dyed my hair black on a whim when I was 15 and nothing, nothing could get it out. Some salons couldn't even do it. I had to go to a super fancy place where they ended up doing multiple processes for 5 hours and finally got it out. They said it was the hardest thing they've ever had to do with hair color. You might just have to let it grow out and then cut it.



What hair color remover/bleach works the best at removing black hair dye?

Go to a salon! Don't try this yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment