Saturday, May 5, 2012

Most effective way to lighten short, dyed-black hair.... Oh gawd....?

I've been dying my hair strawberry reds and light auburns for a pretty long time, about a month between colorings, and a few weeks ago I traded crimson for raven. I've got very pale skin and green eyes, and at first I really liked the Black/White contrast. But with my new dishwater-blonde roots coming through, I've gotten a bit tired of it.



I know bleach and color removers are very damaging to your hair, and that I should have it done professionally-- But I'm completely uncomfortable going to the salon for this, and it won't be an option.



I've heard that color removers turn it a mossy green, and you've got to wait a day before you can cover it. (Plus you'll need a blonde toner before color?) And bleaching will turn a rusty ginger color. What technique should I use?? Please, help me.. step-by-step instructions?



[My hair is very thick (Italian) with normal-to-fine strands of hair, styled a short pixi/boy cut, to be taken into consideration. I never blow-dry, curl, or straighten



Most effective way to lighten short, dyed-black hair.... Oh gawd....?

Well the only thing you can do is wait for it to grow out, or bleach/color correct it. Go to Sally Beauty and buy a box of color remover. This is going to leave the hair an orange color. Wait a day after you do this so your scalp can relax. If you want a lighter color, try one with a blue/violet base which will counteract the orange left behind. Get a trim, because there will probably be some breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment