Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Red hilights fading to dark orange. Will black hair dye help?

have black hair, and red hilights which seem to be fading to a dark orange. I have semi-permanent black dye at home. I was wondering if I could dye my hilights with that. I know it probably won't go back to 100% black, but that's fine. If its even brown/dark brown that'll give me some dimension. Anything better than orange. Help please!



Red hilights fading to dark orange. Will black hair dye help?

The red/orange will still show through. I have naturally chestnut hair, so it has red, orange and gold highlights in it to begin with. Even with permanent black hair dye, my natural highlights still came through although they were a bit darker because of the dye (same thing also happened when I dyed my hair red and went to black after some time, the red was visible). Semi won't even do a thing to your hair, and red is very hard to cover and remove. Try a permanent, the most it will do is darken them up a bit so yes they will look more brown, but you'll still see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment