Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Should I get a perm (I have natural Black hair)?

I want to get a haircut with razored ends, if that makes any sense. My old stylist said it wouldn't work unless my hair was chemically permed. So she cut my hair another way and it turned out awful (I cried). She is not longer my stylist... Anyway, I was wondering if she was right. Should I get the perm or keep my fro' alive?



Should I get a perm (I have natural Black hair)?

Ok, I was 10 when I first got my hair relaxed. My hair was REALLY thick, tightly curled %26amp; long. My mother thought it would be easier to manage but it broke off a short while later. Then they cut my hair into a short bob and I had braids for a year or two. After the braids my hair was growing back so mother made me get it pressed. I pressed my hair from the age of 13-18 and it was STILL hard to manage because of how long it took to do, and one drop of moisture would make it frizzy. So when I was 18 and ready to go to college I decided to get a relaxer because it would be easier to manage. I've been relaxing my hair ever since but I'm careful not to do it too much and keep my ends trimmed. The point of my long story is to tell you that once you relax you hair, it will never go back to it's complete natural state. So you have to decide what style you like more. You may want to press it because then it's not permanent and you can switch from straight to fro anytime!



Should I get a perm (I have natural Black hair)?

No!!Stay away from them,please! Get another haircut from a different stylist. First though,make an appointment for a consultation to see what the stylist has to say, If she suggest a perm instead of a good cut %26amp; some conditioning treatments RUN!!!! If you feel comfortable with the new stylist,then make an appointment for a condioning treatment %26amp; a haircut. This way in a short amount of time, it will get cut off (several times ) %26amp; grow new hair %26amp; that ugly perm will go away. Good luck!



Should I get a perm (I have natural Black hair)?

I could see why she would recommend a relaxer because the razored ends would be more defined if the hair was straight. If you hair is curly kinky it would be difficult to see the hair cut let alone be difficult for the stylist to cut unless they really knew what they were doing.



I personally don't have a problem with getting my hair relaxed. I keep it moisturized and well maintained to where I have nearly no breakage. I don't get them every month though. I do try to stretch them out because money wise I can't afford it and I want to give my hair a break once in a while.



Want more info? Check out this web forum I go to wear ladies who have black hair talk about it. http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/



Should I get a perm (I have natural Black hair)?

yeah, a razored cut looks better on straight hair; however if you don't like wearing your hair straight all the time you can't just go back to your natural texture after getting the relaxer.

No comments:

Post a Comment