Friday, April 27, 2012

I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

How can I dress nice without looking gothic? I love wearing black and almost my whole wardrobe is black, it used to look ok when I used to be blond, but now with black hair I feel i look like a rocker or Morticia. How can I spice my wardrobe up a little? I love my new black hair!!! Thanks all!



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Olive, brown, and maroon are colors you can wear that still make you look skinny.



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Add bright colours like a fuschia or aqua belt or scarf; you know, the touches will bring it out



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

why won't you try dressing up with light color blouses and denim blue or black...



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Nothing wrong with haven a little junk in your trunk! One way to not look too goth is of coarse getting a Tan! If you like dark colors try dark blue or green. Any color looks great on a tan. Deep purples? I would have to see what you look like to really help out. Just limit the black. Wear it its slimming but make sure to throw some color in with it. If the outfit has mostly black throw on a bright red belt and shoes! That will spice up your out fit and take care of the :"goth " look! :)



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Try wearing pretty necklaces and earings with black clothes.



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

try to incorperate bright colors in your dress. like if you have a black shirt try and find one with BRIGHT colors on it. then wear some flare legged jeans with a bright colored belt. and try ballet flats. good luck to you!!



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Try something more feminine. Black dresses and skirts can slim you if you choose carefully. Stay away from the hot topic style pants and over sized shirts; they don't hide chub. You'll end looking like you're trying to hide it and are self conscious about it.



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Sounds to me like you are gothic at heart. stick with what you know. Be who you are or change your hair back. especially if you are fair skinned, you will always look gothic if you have black hair.



If you want to start looking "nice", then drop the gothic look all together. You might be at that transition point.



other than that, i cant think of any bright colors that would really go with dyed black hair. You will have to stick with dark reds, browns, rust ect. for goodness sake, dont wear navy.



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

you can still ware some of your black clothes but just accesorise and royal blue is realy in just now and wil be in winter and that would be georgeous with black har and black clothes and a bright coloured handbag would make u not look like a goth



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

If u wanna lose some weight without exercising try www.weightmanagementmall.com it worked for me in a week i losted 5 lbs. You could also try new jewellery.



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

As someone who also loves to wear a lot of black, I say feel free to wear black, but make sure to add in some accessories in other colors, like red, pink, blue, silver, bronze, yellow, etc.... Keep your black clothes, since they are a part of your personal style, but avoid buying black accessories like handbags, necklaces, shoes, and belts. Also, you could try adding in some basic non-black pieces into your wardrobe, like a striped vest, blue jeans, or knit sweaters.



Also, the goth look involves elaborate and usually dark makeup, so as long as you don't wear head-to-toe black with thick black eyeliner, you should be fine. Instead, try pairing your black clothing with lighter and brighter makeup. Add in some berry and peach lipglosses, some peachy-pink blush, some shimmery eyshadows, and even some bright colored eyeshadows. Don't be afraid to experiment with hair as well. Try some new hairstyles---for example, if you normally wear it long and straight, try adding in some loose curls or waves with a curling iron, or try putting it half-up or into a pretty updo. You could also add a thick headband in any color other than black to make your look more "urban" and less "goth."



Here are some great ways to wear black without looking like you've turned to the dark side:



break it up with a light color:



http://www.flickr.com/photos/seventhsamu...



black pants with a colorful top:



http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaana-mari/...



Just don't do this:



http://www.flickr.com/photos/mararie/184...



I am a little overweight and I have black hair... question inside.?

Well why do you have all black clothes and you don't want to be goth? That's beside the point, but here are some options or homecoming/prom/dance dresses for ya'. At the bottom I have some advice on trying to be a bit more colorful without loosing the black.



*Option #1: Wear a black dress, a lot of black dresses aren't goth, and just because you wear one doesn't make you goth. Check out this one- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as... Or this one- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as...



*Option #2: Don't come in an all black dress, come in a black and white dress, like this one- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as... Or this one- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as...



*Option #3: Keep it natural, if you don't want to wear black, but you don't want to totally surprise all your friends by wearing a purple, pink, or red dress wear one a little more neutral color. Try this one- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as... Or even this one would work- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as...



Option #4: Surprise your friends (and maybe even a few cuties) by wearing something more colorful and bright. Such as- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as... Or this one- http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/in...



Option #5: Shine like you've never shined before! Go all out in something shinny, sparkly, something no one would even think you'd wear. It could end in popularity and "Would you like to dance with me"s galore. This would look great for that look- http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/in... Ooo, this one too- http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as...



Now those were my prom/homecoming dress options (it sounded like you were looking for dress ideas), but if you weren't, my advise would be to go with jeans and darker colored t-shirts, like red, green, or blue. Those are colorful, but not full out pink and yellow lol. You can put your black shirts under or over your colored shirts so you're not totally loosing the black. It's all up to you really, just be creative...oh and be yourself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment